Bank Draft Poker Payment Method
What is a Bank Draft?
A Bank Draft is also known as a cashier’s check or a money order. It is guaranteed by the bank that holds your account for you. Bank Drafts are a safer and more reliable way to transfer money from your account to the poker rooms or to get your winnings back from them. Bank Drafts can be identified as checks with the banks name across the front, usually on the top left, and like real money contain special inks, watermarks and other security features. The Payee will have his name on the front of it. The bank regards a cashier’s check as legal tender and no different than cash. Take note however if the Bank Draft is sent as a money order there is no guarantee with it because of the rampant fraud found online.
How does it work?
Use either an existing bank account or open a bank account at your local bank. The next step is to find a poker room that accepts bank drafts as payment. You will be required to send them some very personal details such as your bank account number. As soon as the site has accepted this you can send them a bank draft and you will be able to play as soon as you have. There may be instances however that it does not go through immediately due to odd hours of play. All you can do is wait for the draft to appear in your poker room account. Fortunately most Poker rooms will accept your bank draft. It is important to remember to never email a site your bank account details as there are tracking cookies that copy that information and you could be defrauded before your next game.
How do I get my money out if I win?
It works exactly the same just in reverse. Either the casino can send you a bank draft or they can deposit money into a secondary account like EwalletXpress. From there you will be able to access the money and move it to your personal bank account. Bank Drafts usually take up to ten days to clear in your bank account but after that the winnings are yours.
What are the advantages of using a Bank Draft?
- It is without a doubt one of the most reliable ways to deposit money into a poker room account. Your own bank security and the security of the poker site that you will use are top notch, neither of them wants to lose the money going in or coming out.
- A direct bank draft will save you money on postage and the hassle of waiting an extra week for your money to arrive.
- Immediate play. When you send it the money is more often than not cleared on the spot.
- Because it is considered cash there are very few banks that will charge you extra, other than the normal banking costs.
What are the disadvantages of using a Bank Draft?
- Other than the slight chance of fraud and the fact that you may have to open a secondary payment account there are no drawbacks.