What is MyCitadel?
MyCitadel is a poker payment method that uses e-checks to deposit and withdraw money from your personal bank account into a poker room account of your choice. The MyCitadel wallet function allows you to directly transfer funds to and from your bank account. It is international, meaning you can use sites on the internet from anywhere in the world because of their currency exchange rate service. You can use your credit card to fund your wallet and avoid the stress that comes with credit card rejection online. Poker sites no longer accept credit cards of any kind. Any way you look at it, because MyCitadel is such a large company they are reliable and safe.
How does it work?
With your MyCitadel account you can either register online for free or click on the link on any poker room that accepts MyCitadel as a viable payment option. This link will guide you through the setup process. Your new account will be opened on the condition that all of your information checks out, that you can verify where you live and who you are. Then you are free to play. Just like Citadel Commerce, you will be able to choose from a variety of different ways to deposit and withdraw funds from your account. E-checks can be sent at a standard rate to poker sites though US customers will only be allowed a $500 dollar maximum to play with at once. As you build trust with the provider your maximum amount will increase. When you send an e-check it will be cleared in three working days. Choose the more common direct bank transfer from your wallet account or upload funds from your credit card onto your MyCitadel account, its easy and its instant.
How do I get my money out if I win?
Your MyCitadel wallet will deposit money directly into your bank account or onto your card when you win. You will have complete access and control of your funds however they are transferred from the poker room. When withdrawing money and placing it onto your credit or debit card, you will be charged a small fee of 1.9%. Alternatively you can keep your winnings in your wallet account and spend it at merchant sites online. If you consistently pay your fees your withdrawal limit will increase, up to $10 000. For an amount this large you always have the e-check option that will reduce percentage costs.
What are the advantages of using MyCitadel?
- Use e-checks online to ensure your fees remain low. Unlike a credit card transfer that will charge you 1.9% on any amount you deposit, an e-check has a maximum sending fee, it doesn’t matter how much cash you are sending.
- Your MyCitadel account is one of the safest places to hold your money online. They have extensive security protocols and checks and keep your information private with state of the art encryption coding.
- If you have a question to ask, MyCitadel runs a 24hour service via email for your convenience.
What are the disadvantages of using MyCitadel?
- If you register for MyCitadel on a poker site, you will only be able to access that account from that particular site.
- Make sure you never have a problem with an e-check bouncing in your MyCitadel account. It will prevent you from having your deposit and withdrawal limits increased.
- MyCitadel works from the UK, American clients have to register to use the Citadel Commerce version.